yellow and gray

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

WHO ME?

So I had a really cool experience at the GYM the other day. . . yes I'm having cool experiences at that place you exercise. ANYWAYS. . . I got to the GYM way early due to having to flex some time off at work. I never go at 2:30 so I don't usually spend my exercise time with the people that where there this day. I was a little bit out of my comfort zone, with new people and all, but went on with my exercise program like it didn't bother me one bit. I always start out with a 30 min cardio on the elliptical. This has become my FAVORITE thing. I love the elliptical i could spend an hour on this thing and not get bored. Since it was Monday it was my intense day so i was on a level 3 and my goal was to burn 375 Calories and go 2.5 miles in 30 min. I usually only get about 2 miles in 30 min so i knew i would have to push a little bit more today but i was OK with that. I did my thing, with a little uneasiness due to this amazing looking women in her late 30's staring at me for half my work out. I was a little self conscious . . . Maybe i was singing out loud again and didn't realize it. . . Maybe i was breathing really heavy and she thought i was going to die. . . or maybe i had boogies. After taken my headphones out a few times and checking my nose i was finally finished with my 30 min cardio. I was feeling so good i burned 400 calories, went just under 3 miles and was sweating like there was no tomorrow. It was an amazing start to my work out. As i went to the ab machine this lady who was looking at me for half my work out, who was now with her trainer, walked up to me and said "I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU YOUR MY HERO WHEN IT COMES TO THAT BEAST (pointing to the elliptical). I hate that thing so much and you just spent half an hour on it. YOUR MY HERO." I didn't know what to say so i said thank you and kind of looked down. I didn't know what to do no one has ever complimented me like that before, not when it comes to exercising. Then her trainer was like i know i see you do that all the time. I haven't seen anyone as intense as you on the elliptical. GOOD JOB keep at it." I felt so good after that. I always felt like i was so average on it or a wimp for only being able to do half an hour. BUT I GUESS NOT, SINCE NOW I'M A HERO!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Black Widow said...

You are my hero too! I am totally impressed!

Veronica said...

Hey! I didn't even know you had a blog until I saw you were following mine! I just have to say that I can't stand the elliptical...not sure what it is but I just don't like the thing...you can be my hero too!