yellow and gray

Monday, January 26, 2009

Becoming a better ME!!


So as the new year rang in I made a choice to start eating better and to feel better about my self! I didn't make it a new years resolution because lets face it around June those will be out the window. This is something I want to do for me and no one else. . . So January 2 after all the parting was done and the last bit of party food had found its self to my mouth I started on my adventure! I started with giving up soda. . . I even packed my workout close with me (i went to Utah for new years and note it had been about 7 months since i used those clothes. . . i have worn them but actually used them for the purpose they were made for is another story). So I will confess i still did not go and work out that day but i have been off soda now for 3 weeks and in all honesty I haven't missed it but Dr. Pepper still calls my name when i pass it at Subway!
Last Monday i decided that I had my eating under control and I did. I was eating much more healthier and I felt like i needed more. MY BODY WANTED TO WORK OUT!!!! yes my BODY WANTED TO WORK OUT. . . so i decided that i wouldn't go against what it wanted, and i joined the GYM. That's right people I joined the GYM. The fist week was sore and my body hurt so much but i talked with a trainer and set up a program and I have decided to stick to it and i feel pretty good. I'm not sure if its because my body is getting its needs meet or if its all in my head but either way I'm down with this new feeling.
So life has been full of some pretty big changes for me in just this 1st month of 2009. . . First eating breakfast every morning, no more soda, eating better and EXERCISE. . . I have a feeling this could be a good year for me!!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Kiri! I joined a gym in November and have been working out a lot. I also have been lowering my portion sizes and I have lost almost 10 lbs. And that includes everything through the holiday season. I feel good about myself, and I am much more happy and confident. I hope this works for you too. My goal is another 20 lbs, and I would be about at the weight I am supposed to be at. But just keep at it. You will feel so much better if you do. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I really should join a gym but i am lazy. Glad that you have a blog. This is the only way I seem to stay in touch with people. Still in Pahrump? Keep it up.

Jenny said...

Thats so awesome Kiri! Way to go and you can do this! Trust me, I know how hard it is to keep up with the exercise but it is so good for you. It was so great to see you a few months ago. You should definitely come out to visit while we're here in Ridgecrest :) Love you and miss you!